- HIV TEST
ACON : We’re Australia’s largest HIV and sexuality and gender diverse health organisation.
We are a fiercely proud community organisation. For our entire history, the work of ACON has been designed by and for our communities.
Established in 1985, our early years were defined by community coming together to respond to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in NSW, and we remain committed to ending HIV for everyone in our communities. We do this by delivering campaigns and programs to eliminate new HIV transmissions. Supporting people living with HIV to live healthy and connected lives remains core to our work.
As we have grown, we have been proud to work with a diverse range of people to ensure their voice and health needs are represented in the work we do.
We create opportunities for people in our communities to live their healthiest lives
We strive to be a global leader in community health, inclusion and HIV responses for people of diverse sexualities and genders
Our head office is in Sydney and we also have offices in regional centres across New South Wales. We provide our services and programs locally, state-wide and nationally.
We provide FREE and confidential care and support to:
– People with HIV
– People at risk of HIV
– People affected by HIV (e.g. partners, family and friends)
– People testing for HIV
– People with substance use concerns
– People following a suicide attempt or experiencing suicidal thoughts
– People who are experiencing sexual, domestic and family violence
– Older LGBTQ people who are socially isolated
– People newly diagnosed with HIV
– Financially disadvantaged people
– People experiencing health or relationship needs related to HIV
– People experiencing the effects of a recent trauma, domestic/family violence or homophobic/transphobic violence
-To access these services, you will need to undergo a brief assessment in person or over the phone.