- HIV TEST
The Cagayan Valley Medical Center started from an army tent. Immediately after the war in 1945, the 37th Infantry put up the 43rd Filed Hospital that came from Pangasinan under Major Anderson of the United State Marine Corps (USMC) treating both Filipino and American soldiers. This is with the wholehearted cooperation of the late Dr. Venancio del Rosario. At first, it was purely a military affair but they extended their services to civilians when they saw the need of it as a result of the war diseases inflicted due to exposure, injuries, malnutrition, etc.
On September 15, 1989, it was finally changed to Cagayan Valley Regional Hospital (CVRH) per RA No. 6782.
On March 20, 1998, it was converted to Cagayan Valley Medical Center (CVMC) under RA No. 8599 with an authorized bed capacity of 500.
The Cagayan Valley Medical Center, a regional 3rd level Hospital, is a center of excellence on patient care, training & research.