- HIV TEST
- STIs TEST
Esperanza Health Center : At Esperanza Health Center, we seek to provide high-quality, affordable health care in Jesus’ name, and we are committed to the promotion of our community’s health and well-being. We do this by:
- Providing holistic care for our patients—care that looks at the needs of the whole person, including physical, social, emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Ensuring that care is available and affordable to all, without regard for economic or social status or ability to pay.
- As a Patient-Centered Medical Home, developing partnerships with each of our patients to pursue total health.
- Working together with the Church and local organizations to bring healing and wholeness to our North Philadelphia community.
HIV Care at Esperanza Health Center
Esperanza Health Center’s HIV Care Team provides a range of coordinated health care and support services to individuals who are infected with HIV or at risk for developing the HIV infection. We are one of the leading providers of primary HIV care in the city of Philadelphia. Funding for Esperanza’s HIV services is provided by the Health Resources and Services Administration through Ryan White grants.
All of our HIV services are available in English and Spanish, and include the following:
- Primary Medical Care: Esperanza’s clinicians who are trained in HIV care offer comprehensive primary medical care services to patients who have been diagnosed with HIV.
- Case Management: A team of experienced case managers provides social service assistance to patients infected with HIV, including assistance in obtaining insurance benefits, referrals for housing, and general support.
- HIV Testing and Counseling: Confidential HIV testing is provided Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at each of our three locations. Testing is provided free of charge, on a walk-in basis or during a medical visit. Esperanza’s trained specialists also provide testing throughout the community. Counseling is also provided to individuals who receive HIV testing through Esperanza, including linkage to needed medical care.
- Community Outreach and Education: Esperanza’s Outreach team represents the health center throughout the year at health fairs and other community events to educate residents regarding HIV prevention and treatment. Confidential, free HIV testing is also offered at many of these community events.