- HIV TEST
- STIs TEST
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Sexual Health Service is a specialist HIV and Sexual Health Service providing free and confidential advice, testing and treatment for;
The service provides screening, vaccination and management of Sexually Transmissible Infections (STIs) including HIV, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhea and Hepatitis, and we also provide a needle and syringe service for clients of the clinic.
The service is free and a Medicare card is not essential.
About the service
– Management of sexually transmissible infections
– Specialist management for HIV
– Assessment and treatment for hepatitis C
– Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for people with high risk of having been exposed to HIV within the last 72 hours
– Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for people with high risk of exposure to HIV
– Gender affirming care
– Sexual health and LGBTQI+ counselling and support
– Education and support for health care workers and GPs
– Research and clinical trials.
Who should access this service?
Our service provides confidential medical, nursing and counselling services for;
– Men who have sex with men
– People living with HIV
– Sex workers
– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
– People who inject drugs
– Young people at risk
– Trans and gender diverse people
– People with symptoms of an STI
– People with a doctors referral